
Yesterday, Ian had an appointment at Primary Childrens. Of course we had lots of questions. We asked his doctors if it would be alright to take him out once in awhile so long as he wears his mask and so long as the place we take him is not busy with lots of people. In addition, we have to pull him in his own wagon and he can't get out. They don't want him to touch anything that might be dirty or have germs on it. Anyhow, I have been wanting so bad to take the boys to see Santa, but I had pretty much just decided it wasn't going to happen. So you can imagine how pleasantly surprised and happy I was to get the okay to take him on short errands by following all the rules.
So this morning we got the boys all ready and we left for the Layton Hills mall so that we could be there when Santa got there. The line was short and the mall wasn't super busy yet. We were able to get a picture of all three boys sitting on Santa's lap. I am so happy!
Of course, we can't tell if Ian is smiling under his mask and Bryce looks goofy because just before they took the picture, he was busy eyeballing a HUGE Santa sack full of candy canes to his right. He looks tortured to have to look at the camera. He normally takes such cute pictures. Oh well, I guess we all have a few not so flattering photos of ourselves if we're going to be honest.
This was Spencer's first time visiting Santa and I am so happy that he smiled. Spencer has never gone through the whole stranger anxiety, everyone's his friend. His personality so far is a lot like Bryces'.
Since we got home, Ian keeps asking me when we are going to go see Santa again. It's a HUGE change from last year when we couldn't even get him to sit on Santa's lap.
5 comments:
This is such a cute picture! It's so cool that you can finally take Ian out and about with you! How cool that they got to see Santa!
Awww, how wonderful!
I am so glad things are getting back on track, even if it's slow going. But this is HUGE! What a wonderful x-mas picture to send out to the rest of the family!
That's a really cute picture. I'm glad you guys got to get out and see Santa. What an exciting experience for them!
Look how good you are!! I haven't even gotten things together to go and do a Santa picture. How pathetic is that when you are able to do it. My guess is that Ian is not smiling, but I think it is the cutest picture in the world with a story to tell about each of them. You are a great mom. I have thought about calling you every day this past week, so I'm sure it will happen soon. . .
I am so glad Ian didn't have to miss out on Santa this year! What a happy day to get to go out and see the world for a change!
Post a Comment