Thursday, December 11, 2008
CHILE
I am so excited and so happy I just have to share this with everyone. For the last year or so I have been trying to locate families I knew on my mission and also some of the people I taught while a missionary in Chile. Up until last night I had met very little success. See, my biggest problem was that I couldn't recall many of the families second last names and so on. So when I would do a people search on Yahoo or look for them on Facebook, I couldn't find them. Anyhow, last night I was playing with the boys and a thought just came into my head of the full name of one of the young men I taught on my mission who was also baptized. I hadn't been thinking about my mission exactly and yet the name came clearly to my mind. So I went to the computer and checked Facebook. I found him immediately and what's more I found his sister, his mom who I taught, as well as another young man Paulo I taught and was also baptized. I am so happy. I have never forgotten the sweet people of Chile with whom I had the priveledge of sharing the gospel and I am so grateful for the internet which has made it possible for us to reconnect even though we are thousands of mile apart. Now the only problem is that I have to sharpen my rusty spanish. Last night I instant messaged with Carlos for a little over an hour and my brain could barely keep up. Carlos said I still speak fine, but I think he was just being nice! LOL!!!!! Heavenly Father is so merciful. I am so grateful to have found my dear friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This is so exciting!!
That is awesome. I would love to find some people from my mission, but I don't even know where to start. I guess when the time is right, I can be inspired, too?
It is so awesome to find these people again. I am glad you can see the affects of your presence there and the gospel in their lives. You're amazing and I love you sither!
No sabes cuan grato fue que me agregaste, siempre, pero siempre te recordamos con un gran cariño, fuiste y seras por siempre una persona que esta presente en nuestros corazones, aun recuerdo cuando hablamos por telefono o cuando nos enviaste una pequeña carta, aun tengo guardado cada recuerdo que ya voy a publicar en mi blog, por lo que ahora solo queda contar largas historias y compartirlas contigo.
Te mando un abrazo a ti, a tus hijos y a tu esposo, creeme que por el cariño que te tengo se extiende a tu familia.
Un abrazo y muchos cariños!!! :-)
Post a Comment