So I was hoping that 2009 was going to be a little nicer to me than 2008 was... it's already starting out rough. What gives???? The check engine light came on a few days ago in our car and Mike took the car to have the car hooked up to the computer to see what code came up. It was the variable valve timing sensor that was setting it off... no big deal... Mike bought the part and fixed it himself. Alls well right????...... WRONG the check engine light came on again and so this time we had to take it into Toyota because the only other problem that could be tripping the sensor was a part on the car that Mike can't repair since we don't own a lift and all the gear required to do the repair. Anyhow, the piece that went bad, is so rusted that all of the mechanic were shocked because this part never goes bad and especially on a car that only has 44,000 miles on it and has a perfect maintenance record! Turns out Alaska winter/spring weather was a little rough on the car. I am grateful that the problem can be fixed, I am just disappointed that we have to fork over A LOT of money to have it fixed!
On a brighter note, Spencer is now walking and it is so cute to watch. He turns one on Monday and I can't believe how fast his first year went by. He still crawls on occassion, I think it has more to do with self preservation when Bryce and Ian are around because they can be awfully rough with him. I keep having to explain to them that he is a baby and that he probably isn't interested in wrestling yet. Nevertheless Spencer is pretty patient and tolerates quite a bit of bullying by them. I'm sure he will grow up to be pretty tough!
It is my hope that all who read this blog are able to meet all of their goals for this coming year and that all of Heavenly Father's choicest blessing will be yours as you seek His will and ask Him for those blessings. I'm so grateful for all the blessing He has given me, they are too numerous to count and yet I know that all the good that comes into my life is because of His love and mercy toward me. Happy New Year to you all!
3 comments:
I'm sorry to hear that your car is giving you problems. That sucks! What a way to start the new year! That's cool that Spencer is walking. Seamus didn't walk till 14 mo. I can't believe Spencer is going to be one. So much has happened in the last year. WOW. Happy New Year to you too. I truly hope that 2009 is at least a little easier for you guys if not way easier! :-) Love ya!!
Bummer about the car..Hope the problem is fixed soon, but I guess not too much to complain about since it's always run so well for you..but still sucks when it happens. Spencer 1 wow! Happy New year my friends.
Arrgh! I hate car problems because they are always such a surprise drain on the budget. Thanks for the nice email you sent, Leah. It made my day. :) You really are one of the awesomest people I know-just wish we could have gotten to know you and your family better! If you're ever in Germany you'd better stop by! :)
Post a Comment