Just a quick update on Ian. He will be home a week tomorrow and we are enjoying every minute with him home and we are especially happy to not have to take him back to the hospital! He had a clinic visit this last Friday and he has grown, so now he is 38 inches tall and he isn't even three yet. All of his lab work looked good, although his liver enzymes were slightly elevated, along with another measurements, called bands. I don't understand completely what that measurement is, however the nurse practioner said that between the two, with them both being slightly elevated it could indicate the start of a bacterial infection. I didn't think it was but they drew blood to do cultures. I was right it wasn't anything, the cultures didn't grow a thing in 24 hours. I am so grateful that all is well. Ian is doing better everyday! He drinks more everyday and trys to eat. He will be on an NG tube for awhile, but the good news is that he seems to be tolerating his feeds better and better. We had to start giving him his prevacid at night because he was having such heart burn and acid reflux. Poor kid! Otherwise he is having the best time playing with Bryce.
2 comments:
I'm so glad he is home. I love your comment on a previous post how you said that for him to relearn how to be hungry and full is nothing compare to the tumor! You might not realize it now, but you are making anyone else reading your posts appreciate what they have, making us hold our kids longer, love them better and be more gratefull...not many people can have that effect on others, another "good thing" you'll have to add to your upbeat list ;)
Love
I am so happy for you guys and little Ian. I am sure it is wonderful to have him home. Love the watches how fun!
Post a Comment