Monday, November 10, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!

We got the biggest surprise today. Ian got to come home two days earlier than expected. We are so happy to have him home finally. Just knowing that we don't have anymore scheduled hospitalizations makes us so happy! Of course if Ian should get seriously ill, then he will have to be hospitalized again. In the mean time, Ian will have to be seen at the Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant clinic weekly for the next hundred days. After that, he will be followed closely but will have less frequent visits to the clinic. We have officially entered the wait and see phase of Ian's treatment. I wish everything could just go back to "normal" today.... but I'm not sure if I know what "normal" is anymore. Ian still requires nutrition assistance, he isn't getting TPN (IV nutrition anymore), but he does have an NG tube (tube down his nose to his stomach) through which he will be receiving nutrition. They say it could be as much as two months with an NG tube, also if things don't go well with the NG tube feeds, then they will have to start TPN again. I pray and hope that Ian's appetite will return sooner than later and that his mouth, throat and belly will heal sooner than later. The doctor said that Ian will have to relearn what it means to be hungry and feel full. At this point, I would rather be dealing with teaching Ian how to eat again, rather than dealing with a malignant brain tumor. It's interesting how my perspective has changed most things just aren't that scary anymore or even difficult!
I just want to thank all of you who have prayed and fasted for our family and for Ian. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. Please continue to remember Ian in your prayers. He still has a long way to go before he is completely healed. We love you all!

8 comments:

Tiffany Cheney said...

YAY! SO happy for you guys! Glad you are all together again. At least you are over another opsticle. We sure love you guys! Love your little ghost and crab by the way!

Llama Wanderings said...

CONGRATS!!!

Chellayne said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Way to go all. Good luck for all that you continue to endeavor.

Natalie said...

congratulations! I am so happy for you! We pray for you everyday!

Montgomery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie Lee Lewis Montgomery said...

I'll pray along with you! Your attitude is astounding! It goes to prove that the help from Heavenly Father and the Lord is wings to our soul!Somehow he just makes things feel lighter!

Missy Ann said...

YAY!!!!

Welcome home Ian and Welcome back family life!

angela said...

=) Welcome home Ian! So if is NG tube were to come out, do YOU have to put it back in. I just wondered. You are all still in our prayer, but of course you know that. . .