On Halloween, grandpa Jackson stayed with Ian at the hospital so that Mike, grandma Jackson and I could spend Halloween with Bryce and Spencer. I took Bryce to Wal-Mart earlier in the day to pick up some candy for the ward trunk or treat and also look for a costume. I asked him, "What do you want to be for Halloween?" and he replied "A ghost!!!!" Well that should be easy enough I thought, white sheets were expensive and so I just bought white table cloth and trimmed away the excess material and cut out some eye holes. Bryce was thrilled to pieces! Every door he trick or treated at knew exactly what he was. This year was so much fun with Bryce, he really got into the whole experience! What FUN!!!! Spencer was not amused with his crab costume! We had Ian wear that costume last year and funny enough Ian didn't like it either. LOL! We also visited Ian up at the hospital and brought him a Halloween gift bag, with some of his favorite activities, like wooden puzzles and a Ben 10 Sticker book. He wasn't interested in candy, mostly because his mouth is so tender and also because everything tastes so funny!
3 comments:
How cute!
Too cute!
Okay prepare to be amazed, but I now SEW! (I've come a long ways from you teaching me to crochet) I have made dresses for Brianna, and summer clothes. I am making a blanket for Ben and I am going to be making him some Pjs as well. I am not wonderful by any means, so I won't be opening a Esty shop. But it's still a skill and I am happy.
I *WAS* going to make Ben's costume this year. He was going to be Knight! I bought all the plastic toy armor which was $5. I was going to get him some sweats and a different fabric to make a Cool Costume. HOWEVER, Brianna has a ton of princess dressup costumes and they all were "loved" a little too much through the past few years and needed mending, hole patching and by the time I was done with Brianna's costumes I had given up on making Bens. So we put the armor and sword away from Christmas and I bought a $10 Buzz lightyear costume.
...Also, I am going to be posting a retraction of shorts on my blog about my feelings of Obama. I was very mad and a little Juvenile when I wrote what I said. So I am going to Clarify. I know I had someone feel like I was telling her that she was personally undeducated. It wasn't that way at all. I did NOT mean that everyone who voted for Obama had no education, but I do feel that the mass majority were uneducated to the fact of what he stands for "Socialism". So in a sense I was right, there were a lot of uneducated voters. But she took it a bit too personally and ran with it. Now that I've had time to simmer down, I can clarify.
we thought of being all ghosts, too, and i thought maybe it would be cheap and easy but really didn't know how to go about it. and they all changed their minds. but seriously that is the cutest thing i have ever seen and i want to do it someday. my ghosts wouldn't have been nearly so cool, though--the head and neck part look complicated for me. . .
Post a Comment