Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving....

Since I am not sure if I will have a chance to write tomorrow, (highly unlikely!!) I wanted to take a moment now to share with all of you some of the things that I am grateful for. I have so much to be grateful for and if I should be required to list everything I would not have space enough here to do it and I am positive that I would not be able to do it complete justice! So I am going to stick with just a few of the most important things to me!
Without overstating the obvious, I am so grateful for my family. Specifically, I am grateful for my husband and my three sweet little boys! I can't imagine how I got so lucky. Despite the fact that I am woefully imperfect, they love me unconditionally! I am grateful for their perfect love. I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Anything and everything that is a blessing in my life is as a result of my membership in the true church. I have the opportunity to partake of the sacrament every week, I enjoy temple blessings, I had the priveledge of serving a full time mission, a knowledge of the Plan of Happiness, and plenty of opportunities to serve in the church.
One of the blessings I am grateful for is the power of the priesthood. I have always had faith in priesthood blessings and yet over the last 6 months my testimony has grown, I have witnessed miracle after miracle as a result of worthy men exercising the priesthood power on behalf of Ian. I know without a doubt in my heart, or mind that it is the power of God to heal and to bless, bestowed upon worthy men to act in His name.
I am grateful for loving friends and family who have prayed and fasted for our family. I am grateful to a loving Father in Heaven, who has not left us alone through this scary time. Truly we have not been required to shoulder this burden alone. All of you have carried it with us. Thank you! It would have been unbearable without all of your love, thoughts, prayers, kindness and service. I look forward to the day that Mike and I can be on the other side of the fence, serving and loving others in need and not having to think of this challenge.
I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live. I know that They know us individually and that They love us with perfect love. I know that the church is true, that the gospel has been restored in its fulness. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and I am so grateful for my knowledge of the truth. I love you all and I hope you all have a very wonderful and happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Thanks for sharing your thankfuls. It takes a woman of strenth to be thankful in the midst of her trials! I love you! Happy Thanksgiving!

Chellayne said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend. Thanks for sharing your thanks. You have a great family and am glad to know you and call you friends. It is a bummer your'e farther this Holiday, but are in our thoughts.