Sunday, August 3, 2008

HEROES

I am surrounded by heroes!!!! Ultimately, my greatest heroes are Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. However, I wish to speak of some earthly heroes.


DR. BRUCE CHERNY
Dr. Bruce Cherny is one such hero. I feel that he treated us with love, dignity and respect. I believe he truly understood how difficult this diagnosis was for us to hear. He also treated our son as if he was one of his own. We are grateful to him for the great job he did on removing our sons tumor. Because of his skill and knowledge, our son can walk, run , talk and eat.




ST LUKES NURSING STAFF
We are so grateful to the nursing staff of St Lukes and Primary Childrens for all of their kind care and love. At St Lukes they have become like family to us. They all take time to talk to Ian and greet him in the halls when I am dragging him around in a wagon. They always seem to have an encouraging word to say and a smile to share.


DR. MATTHEW HANSEN (MSTI Clinic)
We are grateful to Dr. Matthew Hansen at MSTI. He has prayed for our son and we know that he loves our boy. We have confidence in him and know that he prepared the best possible game plan for our sons recovery. We are grateful to him for the hope he gives us!


MT. HOME THIRD WARD
Our ward family. They have loved us, prayed for us, fasted for us and served us in countless ways. They have taught us over and over again what it is to be a true disciple of Christ. They are our family away from family. I am sad that we will be moving to SLC. I am not sure I will ever encounter another ward like this. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they were all translated! I hope that Mike and I can be more like them. We love them all so very much!


GRANDPA & GRANDMA JACKSON
We definately could not have survived all of this , without the love and support of grandma and grandpa Jackson. Grandma Jackson is amazing. She keeps up with Bryce and I know she is one pooped pixie at the end of the day. She has provided a calm, reassuring presence when Mike and I have felt scared. She has let me cry on her shoulder. I know she loves our children as we love them. She has overlooked her intense fear of flying and has flown up to Mt Home on two or three different occassions to be here. Grandpa Jackson has also been so supportive! It is wonderful to see the bond he is developing with Bryce and Ian. Ian especially loves having grandpa come to the hospital in the morning and spend a couple hours with him pulling him around in the wagon. Grandpa and Grandma Jackson have even braved taking Bryce to the zoo. On a funny note, grandma has also endured a couple near death experiences involving a wheel chair and Bryce pushing. That's a whole other story though.


FRIENDS & FAMILY
We would also like to recognize our friends and family who are not close. We have felt your prayers and thoughts on our behalf. We are grateful for your letters, emails and phone calls just to check on us and let us know you are thinking of us.


BRYCE & SPENCER
We are also so proud of Bryce. He has been the best big brother. While he doesn't understand completely what is going on, he knows that Ian is sick. I am grateful for his patience with this whole situation. It's definately not the kind of summer he was looking forward to. Fortunately, Spencer is little enough that he won't remember a thing. He has also been a patient baby. What great kids Mike and I have. We are so blessed!

1 comment:

Detta and Stan Jackson said...

So, I am a pooped pixie?! Did it show that much? Now that I'll have some wheels in SLC, Bryce and I will find something new and interesting everyday to explore.
Love ya, Grandma Jackson aka pooped pixie