Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bryce and Ian say and do the funniest things

So, I am convinced that Bryce and Ian are in collusion with eachother. They wake up every day and discuss amongst themselves how to make mom nuts, exhausted, or just die laughing.

Yesterday afternoon, I was trying to get the house straightened up and so I was a little distracted. When I finally came into the living room to sit down and take a short break, I noticed that Ian had pulled baby Spencer up onto his lap, and was grabbing him by the neck, while at the same time lifting his shirt up and saying to Spencer "It's time to eat Spencer." Poor Spencer just looked at me with pleading eyes that seemed to say "Help! Rescue me!". I guess Ian has seen me feed Spencer often enough, that he didn't think anything about trying it himself. What a helpful little boy, if not a little confused.

Later in the evening, we decided to make a Wal-Mart run. Those of you who have been to base and know where Wal Mart is in relation to the base, realize that you really have to want something at Wal Mart to make the drive, especially with gas prices being what they are. Anyhow, we went because we wanted to pick up Bryce's birthday present and also because the BX was closed. Well, we had Bryce and Ian in the red wagon, (it is clean and safe for Ian to be in, I don't trust shopping carts!) and the boys were laughing and playing. Bryce, our sweet little boy, starts saying fairly loud "I love my pen-s, I love my pen-s!" Well, I am not easily embarassed, and yet I didn't want him thinking he could behave this way in public. Not to mention it was inappropriate. In defense of Mike and me, we have always felt it was important to teach our boys the proper names of their body parts and to teach them reverence and respect for how Heavenly Father has created them. With that said, I don't think we expected Bryce to take such an interest in this one part of his body at such a young age. Anyway, the more I tried to reason with him about how we don't talk like that in public, he kept saying the word we didn't want him to be saying. Finally, I just ignored him and that seemed to do the trick. I think I need to teach him to say "I love my ears, I love my ears!".

2 comments:

Llama Wanderings said...

too funny! I love what comes out of kids mouths!

Kathryn said...

I was laughing so hard when I read this. There's nothing like a great appreciation for body parts! Are you guys stationed at Hill AFB now??