Saturday, February 21, 2009
Cute Brothers and other Random Pics....
So this would be the boys playroom. It almost always looks this way. I have begged, pleaded, threatened, compromised and now I am at a loss as to how to motivate my little monsters into cleaning up. I have taken toys away and nothing phases them. I vaguely remember my mom having the same problem with my sister Chloe and me. Only it wasn't trains, cars and planes, it was every imaginable Barbie toy known to man. I guess it wouldn't bother me so much if they would keep all their stuff in the play room, but that isn't always the case. It migrates to every room of the house until your stepping on it, clearing off countertops, and sweeping it off beds for nap time. LOL! One of these days I hope they develop an appreciation for cleanliness.
I suppose Mike and I are to blame, we have over induldged them. Too much time at home over the last little while and we are over compensating. Can anyone say "GARAGE SALE" this summer????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I was thinking for a minute. That's my play room. However we have car, trucks, plans, and trains. With an assortment of Barbies, Princesses, tea sets, play food and play kitchen crap. Most kids are this way, and most parents struggle to keep it up.
I have pleaded and begged, I have told my kids that they would enjoy the toy room so much better if it were picked up. They just look at me cross eyed as if I was speaking a different language. Lovely.
However, last weekend, David and I ransacked the play room, picking up all the broken toys, McDonald's Toys, Toys the kids don't play with any more and of course all the trash that is hidden up there.
Both kids thought that this was a HORRIBLE PUNISHMENT, when in reality we were just doing what needed to be done. We had a 'Trash Pile' (all trash broken toys.) we had a 'Goodwill Pile' all the McD's toys and stuff they just don't play with. and we had the 'Baby Toy Pile' for the new baby.
Brianna, being older was just heart broken that we had some of her stuff in these piles and just kept pleading that we would keep everything. She could not understand that this wasn't a punishment. However, being the nasty evil parent that I am, I have used it saying that unless their toy room is picked up, I'd be coming up stairs with a trash bag and start throwing toys away. Talk about incentive.
Sither! I wanted to tell you of a fantastic way to motivate your kiddos. I saw it on Super Nanny last night. Make some construction play hats and glue leggos and little fun things on them. Put their names on the front and call them "Toy Rangers" When it is Toy Ranger time they are to pick up so they can do other things like watch a movie or go outside. It works and it looks fun which is why the kids don't clean in the first place - No Fun!! :) Love ya.
Yup, looks familiar. I always used to clean up the toyroom before guests came and then I figured out that the room usually ends up messier than it began after the visit, so now I say heck with it! We sure do miss our toys now, though. The movers will bring them back to us tomorrow-hooray!
Glad I'm not the only one with a messy playroom. Ours is a spare bedroom, so we have just as many toys crammed into probably 1/2 the space. I dread going in there to clean it up. I'd swear that they just go in there & pull stuff off the shelves. Do they even play with it? Or is the game let's see if we can mess it up quicker than Mom cleaned it? I totally feel your pain. We too are stuck in the house too much (because of the cold though). Usually, I can keep the toys contained upstairs in the bedrooms & playroom, but I've been fighting a losing battle since the Christmas infusion of new toys.
Good grief Charlie Brown. When did Spencer start looking like a little man. He has really grown up. Looks so much like Mike! Only 5 more weeks till we leave for Utah. Better warn Spencer he best quit looking so cute or his grammy Jackson is going to squish him! Better pass the word on to Bryce and Ian to.
Post a Comment