Saturday, February 7, 2009

100 Day Post Transplant Milestone

We made it. Yesterday Ian hit his 100 day post transplant milestone. We have been so blessed, Ian didn't require any more hospitalizations due to illness and he continues to progress. He is eating well, growing taller and gaining weight! Ian isn't even three yet and he is already 39 inches tall and in the 90% for height. I don't think the chemo did anything to stunt his growth. LOL! Ian's care has been transferred to an oncology doctor who specializes in brain tumors and he will be followed closely for the next couple years. As I understand it, he will have brain and spine scans every three months for a while. If we make it to the two year mark post transplant with no tumor regrowth, then there is only a 5% chance that it would ever come back after that, and then each year that passes the chance of reoccurrence goes down. To say that I am looking forward to June 2010 would be a HUGE understatement. I long for that day with all my heart. I am not sure if I could handle watching Ian endure any more treatments if the cancer should return. The only thing I can do is trust Heavenly Father to protect and heal Ian. I have faith....all will be well.



The other good part about reaching the 100 day milestone without complications is that we have a few less restrictions and also Ian is now on one less medication. Ian can go out without a mask to places that aren't too crowded and we can also go to church together as a family so long as he doesn't go to the Nursery! We still have to be cautious about it being the cold and flu season and so we have still been restricted from play groups and other places with little kids. It won't be long though before we can let loose! YAY! My plan is to have a blast this summer with the kids!

Mike took this video at the clinic on our camera...it's just random footage. But the boys are cute!





6 comments:

Llama Wanderings said...

I so love the video! Thanks for sharing that!

I am so excited for you for reaching this milestone!

Missy Ann said...

Wonderful, I am so happy that your family has reached this milestone. We love you guys and your blog is such a testimony to everyone who reads it (as though I've not said that before.)

I can't believe how big Bryce is. My mind just can wrap around how he is a little MAN! Ian, I would not doubt that he'll be very tall as he gets older. Spencer is so very sweet, I bet you just kiss him to death!

Midwest Keech said...

Congrats on the milestone!

You're right the boys are CUTE. So adorable!

mom2four said...

I am so happy that you guys have reached that milestone. Congrats!!! When did you move to hill? Thanks for stopping by my blog today. It was great to hear from you

Tiffany Cheney said...

AWESOME, wishing for June 2010 to come quickly for you! :) Miss ya!

Hollie said...

YAY! That is such great news. I am so happy for you guys and so grateful for your example.

Super cute video, what a bunch of sweeties.