Saturday, April 4, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa are here....


So Grandma and Grandpa arrived on Wednesday. It was so funny, for about a week leading up to their arrival we kept telling the boys that Grandma and Grandpa were coming for a visit. Bryce was so excited and Ian had the complete opposite reaction! He kept telling us that he didn't want them here. Mike and I laughed because his reaction was very forceful and a little shocking coming from a kid who loves his grandparents. Anyhow, we determined that he associates them being here with his hospitalizations. I suspect he thought he would have to go back to the hospital. Fortunately, he has warmed right up to them and I don't think he's worried anymore about a return stay at Primary Children's.
I'm so grateful that the boys get the opportunity to know their grandparents! Mike's parents are the best. They really enjoy the boys and genuinely want to spend time with them. Of course it's been nice from my perspective to have some adult company during the day while Mike is away working a 12 hour + day. I sure hope their visit doesn't go by too fast!

1 comment:

stananddetta.blogspot.com said...

That's the truth. Grandma and Grandpa love their little munchkins and sadly it has passed to fast for me.