Well, Ian was admitted last Friday, the 3rd of October to begin round two of high dose chemo with stem cell transplant rescue. He is doing very well. I can only hope and pray that he continues to do as well this time around as he did last time. Sometimes I feel selfish wanting my little boy to do so well, when I am painfully aware of other children on the ICS unit who are not responding as well to their treatments and who are so sick. Heavenly Father has a plan for all His children and yet, I can barely stand the thought of a child suffering. I remain confident in the blessings and promises that the Lord has made to Ian and our family.
I have been attending a Parents Break group at the hospital, and so I am meeting families whose children are on the unit. I never knew their were so many children suffering from cancer. Whenever I am tempted to feel sorry for myself, my family or little Ian, I am reminded that their are other's who have it so much worse. I remind myself of all our blessings. It also helps to remember that this too shall soon pass and will only make us stronger, if not completely traumatized....LOL! For those of you who were able to watch or listen to Conference, wasn't it wonderful! I prayed that I would here something that would help me endure this challenge in my life a little better. I was especially touched by President Uchtdorf's talk on Hope. I felt so inspired and uplifted by his words. I know Heavenly Father inspires His servants to speak on topics that His children need to hear.
1 comment:
Hey Jackson clan,
Hoping Ian does as well this round as the last one. You are such a great example of courage and faith. Best wishes!
Post a Comment