Ian was sleeping just before the transplant. They have to give him some premeds (Benadryl and a steroid) before transplant just in case he has a reaction to the preservative used to store the stem cells. The preservative smells like cream corn. The funny thing is that Ian wreaks of cream corn for about two or three days after transplant.
Ian is officially done with his cancer treatments. As of yesterday he had his last transplant. His last chemo was administered last Monday and Tueseday. I have such mixed emotions about it. Of course I am so glad that Ian doesn't have to ever have chemo again and endure the side effects of it and yet somehow there is this weird safe feeling of being in treatment. In other words, our family is now entering the wait and see space of this challenge. Though I know Ian will be cured, it's hard knowing that the doctors won't give me that assurance for some years to come. It is truly the time when we must put our trust in the Lord and His promises to Ian and our family! The reality is, I can't imagine how any cancer cell could possibly have survived the chemo Ian recieved and the dose in which it was administered. All will be well, it is in the Lord's hands now.
7 comments:
I hate the waiting game! I'm too impatient! Congrats on being done though.
We are glad that little Ian is all done with treatments!! You guys are truly remarkable people, I know with the Lords help amazing things can happen. We will be moving Dec 2nd. So we are getting pretty close. Thanks for the comment! We will have to get together sometime since we will be so close!
What a blessing, my heart just goes out to your family and little Ian.
Hopefully he'll have a happy halloween, even if it's just watching movies and being with his brothers!
Congrats on finishing Ian's treatments! Here's throwing patience and perseverance your way as you wait the rest out...
You're awesome, Leah. You guys are a great family and example to us of faith and hope.
Congrats on being done with treatment!! Ian - you're a stud! I hope that the worst is over for you guys! How long do you wait to find out if he's in remission? How long will it be before he is able to go out with you guys? He's lucky to have you as a Mom, Leah! Love ya! Happy Halloween!
This has been such a big part of your lives for the past few months. I imagine it would be a crazy feeling to just be "done" all of the sudden and have to start life all over again. I am so glad you got into a new house! You will have to tell me about it sometime. . .
I am so happy that he has had his last one. That is so hudge. Leah I know that you and your family are so strong, mentally , physically and spiritually. I just dont have words to express how happy I am for your little guy and you . I hope that all goes well and you are correct the human body is amazing.
Love you bunches
Julie
Post a Comment