Wow! I can't believe I actually have a moment to update our family blog....since moving to Hill AFB it's been non-stop! Definately no rest for the weary. The boys, my mother in law and I arrived at Hill a couple of days before Mike and checked into our base housing. Let me just say we had it so nice in Mountain Home. Though we are living in a four bedroom home, it is still woefully too small. The kitchen is actually three times smaller than our last kitchen and I still have a couple of boxes that contain kitchen items that I have no space for. My only other real complaint is that the Private Housing people who manage the homes on base, were less than honest about the condition of the property. It was filthy and the lawn looks like it hasn't seen grass seed, or a lawn mower in a very long time. With that said, I am grateful to be here. I know that by being here and giving up our orders to Alaska, Ian will be receiving the best possible care. That is truly all we care about. We can make do in any circumstance so long as we are together as a family. On a brighter note, we love the beautiful Rocky Mountains outside our front door. We love seeing all of the temples. Though we miss the Mt Home 3rd ward, we love our new ward. It just goes to show that the church is the same no matter where you live.
2 comments:
Hey Jackson family! Glad to hear you are there and caring on as each new day comes and goes. We miss you a ton too, but are grateful Ian is getting the care he needs. I think of you often and will make sure to make a visit when we are in your area! Love ya!
Tiff and Family
Hi there, thanks for inviting us on your blog. I had to comment on that picture, because although our kids are just far cousins (twice removed, whatever, can't keep up with that), your last little boy looks a lot like our second to last boy Nicky! It's crazy, I have a pix of him in the same outfit, that might be why! I'm happy to be here and to get to know you guys better. We do keep you in our prayers. I haven't seen Mike in about what, 10years? Hang in there. Love. Muche and the gang
Post a Comment