Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"MOMMY YOU HAVE SWEET LITTLE MONSTERS"

Ian and Bryce at the Hill AFB Air Show

Sweet Spencer 17 months old

Sweet Monsters Bryce and Ian waiting to leave for church GateWall mall in SLC the water feature. Spencer is so cute!

Lately, both Bryce and Ian have been reminding me that I have "sweet little monsters". I think I have called them my sweet little monsters one too many times. They don't seem to mind my loving description of them and I almost think they are proud of being monsters. Things are going well around here. The boys are happy and healthy and enjoying the summer. We have
been getting out more and attending all of our church meetings. Of course, Ian has more scans coming up in July. What I want to know is why three months seems like an eternity if you are waiting for something wonderful to happen and why it FLIES by when something stressful or unpleasant is impending??? Quite frankly I am just looking forward to the day when I don't feel like I am waiting for something bad to happen. Considering the last year and a half of my life and many other unpleasant childhood events, I have to fight to not feel like I am waiting for the next tragedy to happen. For the most part I feel hopeful, happy, positive, and optimistic and yet I'm just guarded enough to not feel free and 100% content. We are commanded to be grateful and have joy. Well I AM grateful .................. that life isn't as bad as it could be and often is for others............. no really I am grateful for all of my blessings. LOL! I'm still working on being joyful. How do you be happy and joyful when you're in the middle of something ugly? I have moments of immense happiness and I laugh regularly(who wouldn't with boys like mine?) I'm talking about the kind of joy that stays, lingers with you always....a contentment a sense of peace.... Maybe I'm just afraid to be happy for fear that it will be snuffed out by something completely outside of my control. Anyway, I'm grateful for my wonderful family. I have the best husband....Heavenly Father knew I was going to need a companion with infinite patience. How Mike puts up with opinionated, bossy, impatient, unforgiving little me, I will never know and yet he adores me. He loves to see me happy. He loves our boys and he works so hard to provide for all of us. I not only love him for who he is, but also for all the potential for greatness I see in him. He's a work in progress and so am I. I love him because he wants to please the Lord and because he wants to do his best. SO now that this blog is a buffet of different thoughts and feelings....I just want to say one last thing. I want to thank all of my friends and family for taking the time to register to become a bone marrow donor. Yesterday was the last day to obtain a free kit to become a donor, and I hope that even though it now will cost a nominal fee, that many of you will still take the time to research the idea of becoming a donor and consider registering to become one. It could save someone's life.


2 comments:

Hollie said...

Such cute pictures. That's so funny that you call your boys your "sweet little monsters" because I call Urban my "little monster man". Little boys are so much fun. I didn't realize that Spencer's middle name was Urban. That makes sense because I was always a little surprised that someone else in the family hadn't already used it. It is such a great name and such a wonderful man who wears it.

I'm so glad to hear that things are going well for your family. I am always so amazed and humbled to read your perspective on certain situations.

I would love for our families to meet and get to know one another once everything settles down for you guys.

Jeanie said...

hey Leah! It's Jeanie. I just checked my e-mail for the first time in the last three months. Your monsters look adorable. I love to look at all your post! Have a wonderful day, Jeanie