Friday, March 13, 2009

Home Depot Kids Workshop...

Mike and I discovered, by accident, that Home Depot sponsors a Kids Workshop once a month. They provide the kids with a work apron and they can earn a pin to put on their apron for every workshop they complete. Well Bryce has been a couple times now and Ian went for the first time this month. Mike and the boys arrived a little early, the workshop begins at 10am here and so they spent the time walking around home depot looking at power tools and other such manly stuff. Mike said he had a blast with them. He said that both Bryce and Ian would imitate his every move and repeat whatever he said. For instance, he was walking with the boys down the lumbar isle, checking out wood for a future project. He would tell the boys what type of wood he was looking at and them tell them to smell it...the boys would smell it and then lovingly run their hands across it... Mike had to warn them about splinters... though it did little to deter them. LOL! Mostly, Mike said he just enjoyed watching the boys get excited about things that caught their fancy and he enjoyed showing them how things worked.

At any rate this week the boys built pine wood derby tracks and were given little cars to race on them. They had the best time, and even slept with the cars and tracks that night! Next month it's bird houses. Should be fun!

I and Spencer, spent a very enjoyable hour or so at the HUGE JoAnn fabrics store right behind home depot. I should just call it what it is, an hour of torture! LOL! I could spend hours in there looking at everything I can't afford to buy! Nevertheless, Spencer and I had our own fun! What's more I get to do it at least once a month, when it's Home Depot Kids Workshop day. I'm a glutton for punishment. The only thing that could make it more fun would be to have a friend with me who can appreciate all the wonders of JoAnn's..... any volunteers????

Here is sweet Spencer after a long morning of "torture"! Enjoying his favorite lunch....hot dogs!
Ian showing off his Kids Workshop Apron....

Here are the boys trying to eat lunch and play with their pine wood derby tracks at the same time... take coordination...hahahahaha!


Bryce getting his tracks ready!


Sweet brothers after a very FUN morning!

5 comments:

Llama Wanderings said...

I would SO love to volunteer to go with your hour of torture every month! I love that store, our local one kinda stinks though... :( Sad.

Missy Ann said...

Oh ME ME ME! I've got myself a nifty sewing machine, and I make baby blankets for the sisters in our ward who are due. I also make clothes for Brianna and, OH I LOVE FABRIC!!!

Our JoAnn's is moving into a bigger building and everything in their old store was on sale. Can you believe all Patterns were only $1!!!!! Sheesh, I bought 30 of them!

OMGness, If I ever get back to Utah (which, apparently will never happen.) We so need to get together, I've come a long ways since you taught me how to crochet a simple chain. Although, that's all I can do with my crochet skills...but anyways!

angela said...

Oh we SO need to do this. How cool are those tracks?! And I love the aprons. Lows had one today that we missed, because I think Trav should do it with them and he was (is) playing racquetball. Someday, though.

Muche said...

Very fun, we took our girls to that too once, but we're too freak'n lazy on Saturday to get up and get going...the only day to lazy around in the morning!

Anonymous said...

I would love to spend an hour in JoAnns!! There are some sewing projects I'd love to get going on. It's hard to drag two kids there! My 3 year old son would LOVE the Home Depot workshop. Sounds like fun!